Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Gordon Nichols posted:

Mike:  What the heck year is that?  I thought it was a '53 Mercury from the hood and rear quarter lines, but the grill/parking lights are throwing me.  That's gonna be one cool lead sled when you're done.  

Dennis O'Brien (O'Brien Truckers hot rod parts) is a good friend but I'm slowly losing touch with my Hot Rod friends - they keep dying off...  

Gordon  it is a 54 chevy  Xtra teethe in the grill  frenched  head and tail lights and of course chopped.

Mine has a center grill .  I just found out I need to cut out the fiber glass below it .
Thanks for the reply.  Mike
On Thursday, July 5, 2018, 6:19:19 PM MDT, SpeedsterOwners.com <**************> wrote:

| == To reply by email, write above this line. == |
|
| as a center grille |
| Hello, Rustrodsrule: We're sending you this notification because you are either following the forum, the content, or the author listed below. New Reply To Topic
| Subject: 57 CMC on the road again Reply By: TRP In: Speedsters / Newbies | |

Wha do you mean vented? There are holes on the inside to the left and right of the rain tray. Some folks have spent some cash on a replica carerra lid which has 4 or 5 louvers on each side, but those aren't standard.
  View This Reply
| | Unlock Premium Membership Just $49.00 Per 12 Months |

SpeedsterOwners.com - 356 Speedsters, 550 Spyders, Replicas and more https://www.speedsterowners.com To adjust your email notifications for this site, please update your notification settings. To suspend ALL email notifications from this site, click here. |

|
Half moon has been cut.  All good.   Cut some 4 inch holes beneath the grill.  Running great.  
Mike
On Friday, July 6, 2018, 7:11:48 AM MDT, SpeedsterOwners.com <**************> wrote:

| == To reply by email, write above this line. == |
|
| |
| Hello, Rustrodsrule: We're sending you this notification because you are either following the forum, the content, or the author listed below. New Reply To Topic
| Subject: 57 CMC on the road again Reply By: WOLFGANG In: Speedsters / Newbies | |

Mike - Some also just use 4 rubber stand-off spacer washers to hold the engine lid away from the body - instead of a sealing rubber gasket.  This lets more air (and water!) in and out of the engine compartment. If you have a CMC/FF check that the 1/2 moon shaped piece was cut out of firewall just forward of the engine fan. 
  View This Reply
| | Unlock Premium Membership Just $49.00 Per 12 Months |

SpeedsterOwners.com - 356 Speedsters, 550 Spyders, Replicas and more https://www.speedsterowners.com To adjust your email notifications for this site, please update your notification settings. To suspend ALL email notifications from this site, click here. |

|

Add Reply

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.