Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

57 Porsche Speedster by Intermeccanica. Cloth top, Boot cover, Porsche badges, 1600 V.W. motor. Nice car, a stinkload of fun. Runs like a watch. This is a reliable 1st-gen Intermechannica. The car was built in '78, and is titled as a 1974 VW based on the pan. 55K miles but runs strong, shifts crisply, and turns in nicely.

The speedster has a nice patina, which is both good and bad. This car has the look of a 50+ year old Porsche that has been cared for - the age of the car looks pretty authentic. The technical details could use some updating - some of the badging and accessories are technically incorrect. There's a bit of light corrosion in the chrome here and there, some scuffs and dings in the vinyl, the white plastic knobs are yellowed a bit, etc. The fiberglass is in good condition with no cracks, the chassis is lowered but doesn't sag or flex.

Priced at $16.9K OBO, I'm available at 425.443.0292 or at ajboyd@hotmail.com if you'd like additional information.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

57 Porsche Speedster by Intermeccanica. Cloth top, Boot cover, Porsche badges, 1600 V.W. motor. Nice car, a stinkload of fun. Runs like a watch. This is a reliable 1st-gen Intermechannica. The car was built in '78, and is titled as a 1974 VW based on the pan. 55K miles but runs strong, shifts crisply, and turns in nicely.

The speedster has a nice patina, which is both good and bad. This car has the look of a 50+ year old Porsche that has been cared for - the age of the car looks pretty authentic. The technical details could use some updating - some of the badging and accessories are technically incorrect. There's a bit of light corrosion in the chrome here and there, some scuffs and dings in the vinyl, the white plastic knobs are yellowed a bit, etc. The fiberglass is in good condition with no cracks, the chassis is lowered but doesn't sag or flex.

Priced at $16.9K OBO, I'm available at 425.443.0292 or at ajboyd@hotmail.com if you'd like additional information.

Attachments

Images (3)
  • Speedster1
  • Speedster3
  • Speedster4
Just my thoughts:

IM's from the 70's usually go for $9500.oo-$14000.oo. Yours is at the high end and has a stock motor so I would imagine it is a $11ish K IMHO

Do a Craigslist Search and a few are out there.

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Cheers, THOM

Own a Beck 550 Spyder
Owned a 2001 VS Speedster[ Sold to BHM]
Owned a 1979 IM Speedster

Andy,
I have an older IM (I think) and I paid $8500 for it 4 yrs ago. It was a little worse off than the one you have. Since then I've COMPLETELY redone the car and I mean completely. EVERYTHING on the car has been replaced or redone including a new custom built transmission, 2005cc CB Perfomance engine, and an A1 Sidewinder exhaust and if (I do mean if) I were to sell it I would be looking for a little more than what you're asking. I'd probably start in the $18K range for my car. So I guess what I'm saying is you are a little high for that car. $12K give or take a grand is reasonable.
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.