Skip to main content

Who said lady luck has not smiled on me lately. Had lunch with a couple of friends the other day when I was asked if I was interested in a '74 914. Of course I'm interested!! It has been sitting exposed in Florida near Tampa for the last two years but if you want it come and get it. I've thought about this for a while and discovered that this may be a wonderful opportunity but, where do I store it? I'm no mechanic and I won't be able to do the work of taking out of the car what may be of value in a future upgrade to my present Vintage Spyder.To bring it accross the country will cost me $1500 to store it another $1000 a year at least. Some clear thinking is in order here and your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for your time. Karl Dempwolf
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Who said lady luck has not smiled on me lately. Had lunch with a couple of friends the other day when I was asked if I was interested in a '74 914. Of course I'm interested!! It has been sitting exposed in Florida near Tampa for the last two years but if you want it come and get it. I've thought about this for a while and discovered that this may be a wonderful opportunity but, where do I store it? I'm no mechanic and I won't be able to do the work of taking out of the car what may be of value in a future upgrade to my present Vintage Spyder.To bring it accross the country will cost me $1500 to store it another $1000 a year at least. Some clear thinking is in order here and your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for your time. Karl Dempwolf
No I don't want to drive this car, I want it for parts when the time comes to go type 4 in my Spyder. The question then is, will the parts from this tired old 914 save me any money, or will the expense of bringing it here, storing it until I'm ready eat up whatever savings there may have been. Thanks for your time. Karl Dempwolf
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.