Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@DannyP ,  you mentioned in another post about to keep things dry, to help prevent water intrusion, you made aluminum shields to block the spray from the rear tires.  On this car, is this the kind of shield you referred to?

(edit)
I found @Carlos G post, looks like it.    https://www.speedsterowners.com/topic/debris-shields

1972-beck-chamonix-550 e

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 1972-beck-chamonix-550 e
Last edited by americanworkmule

I wonder if this car utilizes Speedster type Side Curtains, although not pictured, the mounting holes in this Spyder's doors look like it.

1972-beck-chamonix-550 b1972-beck-chamonix-550 h1972-beck-chamonix-550 hk

@Chris MacDonald , do you remember seeing the car with Wind Deflectors, or oddly side curtains?  there doesn't seem to be mechanisms for a top.
A lot of interesting different details I thought.

I did a quick Google search and didn't come up with any different images of the car than what was on the auction listing.
Thanks

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0
Last edited by americanworkmule

I was going to make a couple sets of plexi side curtains for my car like this. A short set (a la "cruisin Windows") and a full set for use with the glass windscreen and top.

I got to the point of "how to attach" and realized the standard Speedster ferrules would really stand out on the Spyder doors. Decided to table the project while imagining an alternative attachment method that looked cleaner and more like what would've been there originally.

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.