Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

1983 IM for sale. Appears as if the car was build as a rolling kit by IM in 1982 and finished in the Chicagoland area in 1983. I am the fourth owner. It was purchased from an estate sale in late 2000 and then sold to a guy in Toledo in 2001. I bought it in early 2002.

This car would be great for someone who is looking to get in to a Speedster, but isn't totally sure he/she is ready to drop $20,000+ on a new/newer one.

Details:
Red exterior, Black interior, 1600 CC motor, radio with cassette, 6 gauge configuration, not sure about the milage; however, it has had a tune-up and valve job in the past 200 miles.

This car does show wear and isn't perfect. Carpet is wore, door on driver's side stags a bit (but doesn't bind), wiring is a little messy. That said, this car runs and drive well and is a lot of fun.

Picture are available under the files/members/1983 IM Speedster. I also have more pictures I could email to perspective buyers (files were too big to post).

Reason for selling:
I bought the car b/c I wasn't sure if I would like the having a Speedster or not. I wasn't will to make a huge investment, so I bought this one. Today, I am ready to buy a new or newer Speedster. I love these cars. There are fun to drive and easy to maintain.

I am asking $10,500 firm. This basically covers what I have into the car. If you're interested please email me at dwest@arborstrategy.com.

Thanks.

Dave

1957 Other/Unknown(Speedster)

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

1983 IM for sale. Appears as if the car was build as a rolling kit by IM in 1982 and finished in the Chicagoland area in 1983. I am the fourth owner. It was purchased from an estate sale in late 2000 and then sold to a guy in Toledo in 2001. I bought it in early 2002.

This car would be great for someone who is looking to get in to a Speedster, but isn't totally sure he/she is ready to drop $20,000+ on a new/newer one.

Details:
Red exterior, Black interior, 1600 CC motor, radio with cassette, 6 gauge configuration, not sure about the milage; however, it has had a tune-up and valve job in the past 200 miles.

This car does show wear and isn't perfect. Carpet is wore, door on driver's side stags a bit (but doesn't bind), wiring is a little messy. That said, this car runs and drive well and is a lot of fun.

Picture are available under the files/members/1983 IM Speedster. I also have more pictures I could email to perspective buyers (files were too big to post).

Reason for selling:
I bought the car b/c I wasn't sure if I would like the having a Speedster or not. I wasn't will to make a huge investment, so I bought this one. Today, I am ready to buy a new or newer Speedster. I love these cars. There are fun to drive and easy to maintain.

I am asking $10,500 firm. This basically covers what I have into the car. If you're interested please email me at dwest@arborstrategy.com.

Thanks.

Dave
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.