Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Okay.......
Not all 911 fans are the same.

Is it an original assembly, from a Porsche, or some aftermarket repop made to be sold for a profit??

You can tell easily by the 901/911/930 prefixed part number on the fan ring, or if you have a pic I can tell by just looking at it.

If it is an original, you will have no problem finding the alternator, but you MUST get the same part number as the old one. There were 4 different amperages of alternator on a 911 35,55,75 and 90 were the sizes. each alternator and ring assembly MUST MATCH EACH OTHER or you WILL have problems with even making it work.

If the alternator/fan assembly came from some aftermarket company, the chances are you will have to buy an alternator from some year of VW Golf, and make the mods to make it fit...

Good luck.
Edwin yes I am sure its the alternator. The battery is good but not being change when the car is on. I hope to get the alternator out and see if I can get a new one. Now I just have to figure out how to get it out. I have see instructions on the net but its for an original 911 engine but the parts and process look about the same.
In talking about fans ect. does anyone know what a good range for head temps. to be in? I know these temps can vary with driving style and outside temps ect. but what's a good highway cruizing speed head temp.? I'd like to know when to change back over to the 356 pulley setup.

J-P
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.