Skip to main content

Classified postings do not allow for discussion (replies are not allowed).  Direct message the member if you would like to discuss the item.
The Classified section is open to any individual (non-commercial firms) posting of items for sale. Members posting commercial advertisements must be enrolled in a Supporting Merchant program. 
Postings without relevant details (PRICE, location, condition, etc.) will be deleted.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've not heard of the 914 referred to as Porsche #7 - maybe that it was built from 1970-1975?

I bought a 1.7L 1972 914 with the dog dish hub caps and 5.5" steel wheels.  I later up graded to Dan Gurney alloys and then found a used set of the 2.0L Fuchs.  Those Fuchs are forged so strong and light weight.  I ran Michelin XAS tires on it.  The Fuchs seem to go for $700-1200 for a set of 4 with long lug bolts and fragile center caps.  I have a set on my Speedster now.  The off set (ET40) is not perfect on a Speedster.  I think they showed up with the intro of the 2.0L engine in 1973. They have polished spokes & rims with the back ground anodized (not painted black like the cast replicas).

Pedrinis (an Italian made wheel) were available from Porsche as an option in 1970.  The early 1970-1972 Pedrini's where not hub centric (so if used on a later years, the center had to be machined or wallowed out for brake rotor clearance).  I had a set on my Speedster until I found the set of Fuchs on CL.  The Pedrinis seem to be least expensive at about $600-700 for a set.  They use the same center caps and long lug bolts.

The Mahles were first seen on the Limited Edition lack and yellow CAN AM "Bumblebee" and ivory and orange Cremecicle 1973-1974 editions.  Mahles were painted on those models.  Unpainted the Mahle's have a dull grey magnesium look - while the Fuchs and Pedrini have a shiny aluminum look.  The Mahles ar the lightest and seem the most expensive.  A set of 4 seem to go for $1000+.  Often called gas burners after the 5 bolt Mahles used on the 911.

I've seen all of these polished to a chrome like look.  I polished the 2L Fuchs.  Even removing the anodized parts with oven cleaner.  It can take hours - no days - to hand polish them.  I started with WD sand paper and ended with buffing compound.  I'm still not satisfied with them.

fuchs 2Pedrini

Attachments

Images (2)
  • fuchs 2
  • Pedrini

I could be talked into selling my 4 OEM 2L Fuchs.  Have the special long OEM bolts with plastic caps.  Center hubs are polished billet aluminum caps (held with hidden hex allen screws).  95% polished by hand.  Straight and no curb rash.  Located in NW FL. 

iphone import 139lf speedie side Also have 2 914 engines - both 1975 - one a 1.8L w/dual solex carbs and the other a 2L with dual holley/weber dual throat carbs. 

Attachments

Images (2)
  • iphone import 139
  • lf speedie side
Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.