- 1600, built by Fisher Buggies circa 1996. (New heads, crank, cam, pistons cylinders etc.)
- Titled as 55 Porsche in NY. Insured by Hagerty. I drive it around town regularly. (Built in 83, registered and insured since then!) It sat for nearly 10 years until this past spring.
- 71 VW Super Beetle chassis completely cut out floor pan and built new pan with square tube on outer edges. CMC front axle beam adapter. (Very solid)
- New, single brocar carb.
- Old generator, but have alternator & stand will go with car(used), & new regulator in car. Battery is new this spring.
- New gauges. (Speed hut electronic with GPS sender for speedo) The two black gauges in the pics are oil temp and oil pressure, but the car comes with the matching speedhut gauges with white vintage dials and chrome bezels.
- New plexi side curtains.
- New seats.
- 914 wheels.
- New rear brake backing plate, wheel cylinder etc.
- Front discs.
- New radio. New wiper arms and blades. New squirts motor.
- New 12 Gal tank, sender, fuel pump, filter & hoses.
- New aluminum heavy duty oil plate, tapped for temp sender.
- New HD headlights and LED tail/brake lights.
- New full polycarbonate side curtains
- Porsche crest on horn button.
- Porsche / wood shifter knob from an old 912.
- Could also use new door & deck seals to stop the rattles. Roof is OK but shows its age. Tonneau cover is in great shape, hardly ever used. Carpets are in decent shape. Under front trunk was never carpeted. Engine compartment needs a good cleaning up. I can send more pics if you want. Some glass crazing on top of doors. And, a few chips from road stuff, nothing major. There is a crack in the tag light lens that shines up on the rear license plate.
- It also comes with a pair of dual Kadron carbs that I had on it when I had the original motor with 1850cc displacement. That motor was the original case and the head bolts pulled out of the case destroying it. There are also a bunch of spare goodies that would go with the car. You can see my build pics in the files/clips area too.
Picture links are broken, Jim.
Trying to add pics...
That worked 👍
Hmmmm, still missing the engine pic! Let's try again.....
Nice looking car , Jim. I missed the asking price.
I would let it go to a club member for $15K . If I have to put it on Samba and E-bay, I would put a reserve of 18,500.... Let me know if you think I am out of line with the pricing. Thanks!