It's alive! After a day of chasing down rat-holes because I couldn't get any spark, I discovered that a setting in the fuel injection area (paired, semi-sequential, sequential) somehow was blocking the reading of the crankshaft position sensor (or something). In any event, "semi-sequential" was the correct answer and I nearly fell over when the engine immediately started up and ran nicely. I had set up the air/fuel RPM/Map table with the ratios I wanted at various engine loads and speeds and clicked on the Autotune button. It immediately began to change the fuel table cells to match to the target air/fuel. Magic! While I've got the car in the air I'm going to tweak some air conditioning condenser positioning and then it's on the road again. We're planning a "staycation" up on the side of Haleakala near the Kula Lodge. I predict some high elevation motoring!
An important fuel injection note: When the Speeduino is configured in Sequential or Semi-Sequential Injection mode, it fires the injectors in the order noted on the circuit board (1,2,3,4). Since my engine's firing order is 1,4,3,2 I had to swap the wires on the #2 and #4 injectors to get the injectors firing in sync with the engine firing. In my case, I did the swap at the 40 pin IDC connector on the Speeduino board (I'd added the extra sensors and fuel injector wiring into stubbed out harnesses a few months ago when I had the engine out).
It's a miracle!