SOLD SOLD SOLD
Intermeccanica Roadster RS
PRICE REDUCED $29,995 FIRM (need room for new projects)
San Jose, CA
This car is a rarity, in that it is NOT build on a VW pan. It has a full tube chassis, very rare roll-up windows, full size seat and full articulate top which was just completely reupholstered. It’s quite quick and everything you would expect from one of the last hand crafted coach builders in the world.
The very same car is available new today for $80,000+ US. Why wait? After purchasing a new Intermeccanica, you have to go through the process of importing and US registration. This car is registered in NY state, has been registered in VI and can be easily transferred to most states (except CA). CA will need a special construction registration using the included paperwork.
Included is all original build paperwork and Letter of Authenticity from Intermeccanica Int’l Inc with it’s final build date of 4/29/1987. This makes it eligible to import to most countries including France, Australia, New Zealand and others.
The car is in very good condition with 54,000 miles and has been thoroughly inspected by Vintage Motorcars of CA.
The short geared transmission and 1835 cc engine make it a blast to drive while maintaining reliability.
- Full Roll-Up Windows !!!
- Interior – Sandstorm Beige
- Exterior – Porsche Guards Red Enamel
Engine / Chassis:
- Intermeccanica Convertible D (Roadster RS2)
- Tube Framed
- Guards Red Paint
- IRS Suspension
- Type 1 Transaxle, Super 1972 "Freeway Flyer" with 4:12 Ring and Pinion
- 1835cc Type 1, Engle 120 cam, 041 cylinder heads, Dual Kadron 40mm Carbs
- 4 Wheel Disc Brakes
- External spin on oil filter
- Dual tip exhaust
- Electronic Ignition
- NEW Canvas Articulated Convertible Top
- Period Correct Blaupunkt Stereo
- Windshield Defroster
- Door Locks
- Recessed Speakers
- Nardi Steering Wheel
- Rear Jump Seat with Seat Belts
- Polished chrome wheels
- Crested chrome nipple hubcaps
- Driving Lamps
- LED 3rd Brake Light
- Service Records Since New and Documentation