Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks Tom. It was a ton of work to get it there. It’s a 1970 IRS pan. I cut and narrowed the rear control arms by 1 inch. I used 1963 rear brakes from a beetle and front brakes from a 1967 beetle. I really just used the back plates and everything else was new. I lowered the back by adjusting the torsion bars. And dropped the front with 2 inch spindles and a adjustable front beam. I then had a front beam extender made to move the front wheels forward 2 5/8 of a inch. The wheels fit the wheel arch correctly now. It took me 2.5 years to finish the car. I did it during my spare time. The car was down to just the pan and body. It’s a CMC to start with but it’s a lot different now. I have put almost 10k on it with just a few minor issues. I had a brake light problem last year at Carlisle, it was the fuse holder. And the drivers door handle worked loose from the large nut on the back. It was not tight enough I guess

 

Add Reply

Post Content
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×
×