Hello everyone, I am glad to have found this forum. I just put a deposit for a brand new Speedster made by VINTAGE MOTORCARS. I should expect delivery in 2 weeks. I am up in Toronto, Canada, and there are not many speedsters (real or replica) available here. It has the 2650 cc air-cooled engine.
I have a few very newbie questions.
1. As I will only be driving it once a week or less, how do I prevent the battery from draining? Is a plug in tender an option?
2. What is the procedure for winter storage? Top up or down and car cover? Hyperinflate tires? Put battery on a tender? Fuel stabilizer?
3. What should I look for when picking up the car? It is brand new.
4. This is the controversial bit. I want to have the car look more "Porsche" like, so would like to add a rear Porsche emblem and one on the dash. What is a good place to get these from and how do I apply it?
5. Any one know of a good mechanic in Toronto who could maintain it? it could take it to the dealer (Pfaff McLaren/Reserve) but they would charge me an arm and a leg.
5. Any other advice for a newbie? It would be nice to have a sticky with all the Newbie advice on it. Perhaps it is on the site but I haven't found it.