I'm fairly sure my car's pretty loud. Of course it's hard to say without a decibel meter. But I'm almost embarrassed turning it on for my neighbors (and try to avoid pulling back home later at night), it sort of tires out me/passengers after say 15 min of driving, and in small downtown strips it turns heads before I even pass the pedestrians. The silver lining of that last one is that people get a good early look at the car and give thumbs up, which is fun, but I don't think it's worth the "headache."
More specifically, it sounds very much like a motorcycle as opposed to the smooth hum of this original that was recently posted in another thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rnBcnflXvE. If it were an outlaw style speedster or an American muscle car, then loud would've been great.
I've been told that installing any of these would cut noise:
- Smaller tail pipes (like these https://www.jbugs.com/product/113251163G.html).
- Baffle inserts (like these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhau...-Pipes-/252002171951).
- I'm not sure what I have now, but a different exhaust system (like this https://www.jbugs.com/product/113251053AK.html).
- Heat riser block-off plates (like these https://www.jbugs.com/product/3447.html).
- Lastly, potentially readjusting the valves.
I'd appreciate any wisdom on any of this. Attaching some photos of the engine & exhaust system in case that's helpful: