Good evening fellas!
I thought I'd start another thread on my Speedster progress since you guys hijacked the snot out of my last one! LOL!!!
I had taken my crankcase and heads to my machinist and things went south. The thrust cut and line bore were done and when fitted together there was a 0.008 gap at the center of the case. It turned out the case was warped so I hunted around and found another one to work with. Parts are currently at my machinist being worked on.
Again, this is will be a mild 1600cc motor I will use to debug the rest of the mechanical functions of the car. I plan to later change out the motor with something with a little more pep.
Meanwhile, I've been cleaning and painting parts that I will still use on the motor. It's probably old news to some of you but I'm using Crown PSC 1000 for my solvent. You can purchase 5 gallon cans at your local tractor supply store. This stuff is awesome, it reminds me of the solvent we used in auto shop as a high school kid. I'm also putting together an engine test stand. I've never made one before but always want to mess with a motor outside of a vehicle.
What else… trying to get my rear axles off! I've used Kroll oil, P-Blaster, cheater bar and the "Torquemeister" torque multiplier and so far no luck. I ordered a 36mm 6 point impact socket and will try that with my air/electric impact wrench. I'll torch the nut if it need be.
Nuff' said for now, that' my update!