Well, since getting it done just before Carlisle, I put about 800 completely trouble-free miles on my car. So I got it really warm a few days ago and dumped the trans oil. It came out very clean, only a few metal bits on the magnetic plugs.
I put in Redline Synthetic Shockproof gear oil, 75W90. But under shock loading, it is supposed to be 250 weight. Looks like Pepto Bismol, only more toward red than pink. We'll see. I did take a 100 mile ride and it shifted exactly the same, smooth and easy.
I also had a tire rubbing issue in the front, due to new Airkewld brakes having a wider track. So I dismounted the front tires, and then cut all the welds between the rim and wheel center. Then I squared it up and moved the center OUT to push the tires IN, and tack-welded it. Threw it on the wheel balancer to check true, then mig-welded it for real, 8 2 inch long beads per wheel, duplicating the original welding. It's all painted and mounted and balanced now. Two thumbs up!
The wheels are now back where they were and not rubbing except for extreme bumps(just like they've always done).
Next step will be to fabricate caliper brackets from some 1/4" plate I have. Then move the wheels in another 3/8", which should be perfect! It never ends.......