Skip to main content

Ray from Canada sent me this. I figured I’d post it if anybody wants me to peak at it. It’s five minutes from my Naples place. I don’t care for the color interior, but it’s pretty loaded.  

https://www.themotorvenue.com/...a-356A-Convertible-D

Marty Grzynkowicz

1959 Intermeccanica, Subaru H2O Turbo (Convertible D-GT) "Le Cafe Macchiato"

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

While the interiors of the Vintage and Becks have improved drastically in the last few years nothing matches the IM. The quality I think justifies the price. But honestly the prices of the Vintage and Becks are approaching the IMs. I believe if Henry was still in business his Conv Ds would likely be approaching $120k. $80k sounds like a lot but it’s a very good deal. But those colors. 🤮

I would have to think that a new IM would have to start at $100-120, and then the options would be added.  An IM-6 ..... well it would be north of it.  In any case here is hoping that Reisner Carrozzeria becomes a car builder again in the future.  Does anyone know if the garage is fully operational and what staff they have from before?

Ray.

I don't know if Henry will be able to build cars in his new shop.  I thought I read that the body molds were sold to somebody else, and to build a complete IM - as you know - is a lot of work.  Perhaps he will do servicing, repairs, sales of used IMs, etc.

As for your comment on the price of a new IM6, I certainly hope they would go for that much.

That makes mine worth all that more...

Post Content
Link copied to your clipboard.