I have a client's 1955 Thunder Ranch 550 Spyder which was manufactured in 2010 for sale. This 550 started out as a Thunder Ranch base kit. Has over 100+ hours in body work done to ensure proper fitment. The final state this 550 Spyder is, its prepped and ready for paint in our paint shop ready for the new buyer to chose the color.
The elderly gentlemen who currently owns this 550 Spyder wants to sell due to difficulties getting in and out of it. He originally was going to paint it white, I told him to hold off on paint since he mentioned he wanted to sell it after its painted.. this way the new buyer can choose the final color.
1. Complete roller, has never been started.
2. Brake system has been completed using brand new Wide-5 front and rear disc brakes. Tilton triple remote reservoir was installed in the trunk compartment. VW parking brake located between the seats. Brakes have been bleed and definitely stop on a dime.
3. All doors, hood, rear bonnet come latched.
4. 356 Speedster glass windshield with chrome frame.
5. Comes with 2 shifter kits. The one installed is an older Jamar kit.
6. VDO gauges.
7. Grey ceramic coated dual Magnaflow exhaust system with center exit.
8. Rebuilt Type 1 pro-street swing axle trans.
9.Front and rear shocks.
10. Steering column is installed and comes with ivory banjo steering wheel and Porsche crest horn button.
11. Fuel tank is modified and complete. Needs painted or coated, just in raw sanded flat black state currently. Brand new as well. Comes with flip cap through the hood.
12. Wire harness is included.
13. Seats are included, they are the standard Thunder Ranch slant back bucket seat with wine red upholstery. Not on sliders, just solid rails.
14. 15" x 6" wide-5 wheels, brand new, powder coated in silver with new Goodyear performance tires.
15. Hydraulic clutch setup.
16. Gold "Spyder" fender emblems, not yet installed.
17. All lights are included, rear brake lights, front headlights, front turn signals are all included.
18. Battery tray/battery combo from Seduction Motorsports.
19. Seduction Motorsports rear bonnet billet pull release cable.
20. Seduction Motorsports accelerator cable.
Engine specs: 1914cc Turnkey VW Type 1 engine (100hp) built by Chico Performance (125 East Santa Clara Unit #8, Arcadia, CA 91006) back in May of 2014.
1. CW. Crankshaft forged DPR 8 dowel
2. New case AS41 Opened to 94mm taped for full flow
3. German rebuilt connecting rods with new bushings
4. CPR 222 Camshaft with SCAT race lifters
5. VW camchaft gears OEM
6. New 13lb flywheel 8 dowel
7. Gene Berg Chromoly gland nut
8. 8mm chromoly head studs
9. Compufire ignition
10. 94mm Mahale pistons/cylinders with Grant rings
11. VW 1.1 to 1 rockerarms with solid rockershafts
12. Stainless windage push-rod tubes
13. Bolt-on German aluminum valve covers
14. Black tin/fan shroud
15. Dual 44mm IDF Weber carbs (NEW)
16. New Alternator
17. Kennedy Stage 1 pressure plate with Dankin racing clutch
18. Dynomically balanced crank, rods, pistons, flywheel, etc.
19. 8.5 to 1 compression
Engine made 113 torque and 54 horsepower at 2,500 RPMs, moved up to 117 torque at 4,000 RPMs, and at 5,000 RPMs it made 99 horsepower at 104 torque and held 99 horsepower to 6,000 RPMs. Little torque monster! I have the dyno print out sheet if needed. Will be provided with sale of vehicle.
You choose the paint color, pick it up and re-assemble. What you will need are as follows: rear engine grilles (pair), some minor rubber seals/gaskets for headlights/rear grilles, light bulbs... I'll throw those in, carpet... off the top of my head, I believe everything else is there and if not, we have everything in stock to purchase. This is a good friend of mine, he's just getting too old to enjoy it unfortunately, luckily for him is that I can drive him in 550 Spyders whenever he feels like cramming into one
Please email or call Daniel at Seduction Motorsports. I know you're all going to ask for pictures. I hope to have some by tomorrow posted online. He has far more money into this project, asking $20,000 OBO for a quick sale. Sold as-is, no warranty. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME... I reply the fastest via email. Thank you.