To my southern Cali brothers, any recommendations for mechanic shops? Either for the routine stuff (oil changes, valve adjustment, etc) or more involved/skilled jobs. I'm in the west side, but happy to drive farther out if it's worth it.
As a bonus, would love to also learn of any other service providers that you think are notable, for example, body shops, upholsterers, etc.
Here's what I've gathered after reading various past threads, but many of these threads are 10 to 15+ years old, so I imagine the landscape's changed. Also, all of these are pretty far from west LA, it would be nice to have somewhere more local for the frequent stuff and otherwise drive out to these big guns when needed. Organized roughly based on proximity to west LA:
- Auto Meister in Manhattan Beach, CA. Ask for Robert or Randy.
- E&C on Reseda Blvd, San Fernando Valley, CA
- Chico Performance Racing in Arcadia, CA
- Vintage Motorcars in Hawaiian Gardens, CA. Greg.
- Unique Imports in Mission Viejo, CA. Owner is Chip.
- Mesa West in Costa Mesa, CA. Ask for Norm.
- Larry Jowdy in Ontario, CA (unfortunately, if it's the same Larry, I believe he may have recently passed... 😞)
@ford356outlaw, I had promised that I would tag you on this thread, sorry it took so long to finally post!