The pics tell the story I guess which is finally almost over. This trailer rebuild took more spare time and cash than I thought. I should be able to get it weighed tomorrow. Now we've got all new tires / wheels, hubs and electric brakes on both axles. Electric break away brake system too. All new plus size wiring. Final cleanup on rear lights and wiring there but that's only about a 1/2 hr. job. Tie down fittings were welded to the car's rear frame recently and the front beam will get some straps to go to 5,000 lbs ratchet straps all round.
The deck is 16' long and 66" wide which is about minimum. The 2000 lb. winch ( remote controllable ) up front does a great job getting the car up on the trailer and makes it easy to control backing down off the trailer. The whole rig is very nicely balanced and we have about 450 lbs of tongue weight to start with. The rear ramps are needing a cleanup too but I just used what I had on hand. Dust caps still need to go on the hubs. I'm still nervous about sideways movement of the car while under way so taking some of Gordon's adivce, I will be installing four 16" lengths of 1/8" 3" x 3" angle inside of each wheel buffered with 1/4" thick plastic on the tire side. The Merklinator's idea of self drilling screws was a good one...still need to fit inside fender well panels.