Since I have been talking about it, might as well start "another" build thread
I thought the title was fitting, but I will defer to Theron if he wants me to change it or relocate this new build thread since I don't consider myself a NOOB anymore
As of now, I told Greg I'd like to bring the chassis home to start building by September 1st. In the meantime, I have been looking for some photos to see if anything stands out. Can my fellow SOC'rs help by posting some on this thread??
Current build thoughts:
- Vintage Motorcars 1955 Pre A Coupe body (clean shaven: no bumpers, no side molding, no emblems... just the basic lights, license plate light shine down, beehive rear lights, horn grill, headlights... that's it)
- VW shortened chassis (or tube frame if Greg can get it done in time)
- Carrera White exterior (a must)
- Red Leather interior (a must)
- Grey German Square weave carpet (not sure?)
- Black Vintage 190's all around (4.5 inch rim as a spare in the trunk - black) (a must)
- 2110cc Vintage Motorcars engine (he did goo d on the last one, so I'll get another one), A1 exhaust (center exit - or custom route through bumper holes since I won't have bumpers)
- 3.88 Freeway flyer trans (NO, I AM NOT DOING A 5 SPEED! LOL!)
This will be an OUTLAW. I did a classic build. Now, I want an outlaw coupe. Lowered (maybe on bags) and loud as hell!
I will be building this myself, as I did my Speedster, but will be sourcing must parts through Greg. Like I did before, I plan to get some stuff from all the Vendors - it's the nice thing to do
Let the Coupe build BEGIN! ! ! !
It's all part of the madness, right?
(PS - First set of photos are not a 1955, but highlight the the white paint with black rims I like - thank you @MusbJim. The second set of photos show a true 1955 Pre A - imagine the same interior, but in red and exterior without bumpers. The third set is the famous outlaw by Emory (spelling?) - I like the little touches he did.